What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by Web sites in order to make the User's browsing experience more efficient. The Law states that we can save cookies on your device as long as they are strictly required to make this Web site operative. For all the other types of cookies, we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that are displayed on our pages.
Analytics cookies are used to collect information on site use. www.hotelcertaldo.it only uses the collected data for anonymous statistics analysis to improve site browsing and make contents more relevant to users' requests. Analytics cookies collect data anonymously on users' activities and how the site pages were accessed. Analytics cookies are sent to the site either by www.hotelcertaldo.it, or by third party domains.
Analytics cookies by third party services
Third Party analytics cookies are used to collect data on the use of this Web site by users in anonymous form (pages visited, time of display, access route, geographical position, age, gender and interests) in order to determine marketing campaigns. These cookies are sent to the site by third party domains.
Cookies to integrate third party software products and functions
Integration cookies connect with functions developed by third parties inside web site pages, such as icons and preferences expressed through social networks in order to share site contents or for using third party software services. Integration cookies are sent by third party domains and by partner sites that offer their functions through the site pages.
These cookies are used to create users' profile in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user inside the site pages.
The site suggests advertising offers managed through the Google AdSense platform; that's why it is important to know that:
- Using DoubleClick cookies allows Google and their partners to post adverts for users based on users' visit to their sites and/or other Internet sites.
- Cookies of other suppliers or third party advertising networks could be used to post adverts.
- Site users may disable the usage of cookies by third party suppliers for advertising based on interests by visiting the page www.aboutads.info
According to the regulation in force, www.hotelcertaldo.it, does not need to ask permission for technical and analytics cookies, as these are necessary to supply the services required. For all the other types of cookies, consent can be expressed by site visitors in the following ways:
- Setting the browser or the software used for surfing the site.
Modifying settings relating to the use of third party services.
It is therefore possible to visit the site without accepting the storage of cookies by simply enabling the "do not accept cookies" option in the browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies: changing these settings could impair viewing of this site or other sites.
www.hotelcertaldo.it contains links to other Web sites that have their own privacy notice and may apply different policies: www.hotelcertaldo.it does not answer for these sites.
How to disable cookies from settings on:
1. Open Chrome
2. Click the menu displayed on the top right corner on the browser tool bar.
3. Select Settings
4. Click the link Show advanced settings
5. In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings“ button
In the "Cookies" section you can edit the following settings to manage your cookies:
- Allow local data to be set (recommended)
- Store local data only until you quit the browser
- Block sites from setting any data
- Block third-party cookies and site data
- Manage exceptions for some Internet sites
- All cookies and site datanternet
For more information visit the Google help page: support page.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox
2. Click the menu on the top right corner
3. Select Options
4. Select the Privacy tab
5. Click Show advanced settings
6. In the “Privacy” section click the “Content settings“ button
7. In the “Tracking” section you can edit the following settings to manage your cookies:
- Tell sites that I do not want to be tracked
- Tell sites that I want to be tracked
- Do not tell sites anything about my tracking preferences
8. In the “History” section you can:
- Check mark “Use custom settings” to select to accept third party cookies (always, from most visited sites o never) and to store them for a set period of time (until they expire, when Firefox is closed or ask every time)
- clear cookies
For more information visit the Mozilla help page: support page.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click the Tools button and select Internet Options
3. Select the Privacy tab and select Settings: move the slider according to what you want to do with the cookies:
- Block all cookies
- allow all cookies
- Select specific sites that you'll accept cookies from: move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies, click Sites, in the Address of website box, type a website address, and then click Block or Allow
For more information visit the Microsoft help page: support page.
1. Open Safari
2. Click Safari
3. Select Preferences then click Privacy
4. In the Block Cookies section choose how Safari should handle cookies.
5. Click Details to view which sites have stored their cookies click Details
For more information visit the Apple help page: support page.
Safari iOS (mobile devices)
1. Open Safari iOS
2. Select Settings and then Safari
3. Select Block Cookies
4. Choose any of the following options: "Never", "Third party and advertisers" or "Always"
5. To remove stored cookies and data saved by Safari, select Settings/Safari and click Remove cookies and data
For more information visit the Apple help page: support page.
1. Open Opera
2. Select Preferences
3. Select Advanced
4. Select Cookies
5. Select one of the following options:
- Accept (all cookies)
- Accept only from the sites I visit: third party cookies and those sent by a domain other than the one you are visiting will be removed
- Never accept cookies: no cookie will ever be stored
For more information visit the Microsoft help page: support page .
How to disable third party cookies?
For more information on cookies, how to manage and disable them, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
To prevent Google Analytics to gather data on your browsing habits, you can download the App for Chrome: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.